The combination of the smooth potatoes and creamy butter really make this coup hearty. Top it off with delicious bacon and now you have a soup that will be a sure hit.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Difficulty:||Servings:|
|15 minutes||40 Minutes||Easy||4 people|
- 2 TBSP butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes, any variety
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 4 TBSP chopped cooked bacon, (more or less to your taste)
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion onion until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add, potatoes, water, dill, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer until potatoes are tender and all the water is nearly evaporated.
- Stir in the milk and chopped bacon and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley to taste.